As both a fellow writer and reviewer, I know the hard work and dedication put into writing a novel. I also know it is important to be as honest as possible, so I cannot promise a positive review. I will say that each novel that I accept will be given my undivided attention and my reviews will always be kept professional and with the author’s hard work in mind.
You’ll find I’m quite easy when it comes to reviewing. I do not give out negative reviews, but this does not mean I will write glowing reviews either. If the book just wasn’t for me, it just wasn’t for me. Because of this, I must hold the right to decline a request or not post a review if I feel the book just wasn’t for me.
WHAT I ACCEPT
I will accept e-books (PDF), ARCs, or finished copies of Young Adult, New Adult, or Adult novels in the following genres from any publisher or author, traditionally published or indie.
- Cozy Mysteries
- Science Fiction/Fantasy/Dystopian
- Paranormal/Supernatural/Urban Fantasy
- Comic Books/Manga/Graphic Novels
- Light Erotic Romance
- Non-Fiction: Official Celebrity Memoirs or some Cookbooks, only
WHAT I DO NOT ACCEPT
At this time, I cannot accept any novels in the following genres:
- Legal/Political Fiction
- Religious Fiction
- How To/Lifestyle
- Heavy Erotica
- USE OF REVIEW FOR MARKETING OR BLURB PURPOSES. Many other reviewers often do not disclose this on their sites, but I thought I would include it to ease any doubts. You are more than welcome to use any whole or partial complete portion of the review I give your novel for marketing, publicity, or other blurb purposes, as long as it does not alter the tone of my review and includes the credit as shown below. Feel free to send me an e-mail on where I can look forward to seeing my review so I can flail around with joy!
ex. “Blurby goodness…” – RJ Does Books!
- HOW LONG WILL THE REVIEW TAKE? If I accept your novel for review and decide to post a review it will be done as soon as possible. Please note that I am not the most expedient reviewer out there and am also a college student so a review could take up to 3 weeks. If I have not posted my review after three weeks, or (21) days after accepting or receiving the novel (unless I am backed up on my reviewing pile), please understand that the book just wasn’t for me. I always welcome you to request a review for another of your novels that may fit better into my particular reading preferences.
- WHERE YOUR REVIEWS WILL BE POSTED. Aside from this blog, my reviews will be syndicated to Facebook, Twitter, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Goodreads, and Librarything. I also have a YouTube channel, however video reviews will be decided at my own discretion.
REQUEST A REVIEW!
NOTE: Due to time constraints this semester, I am currently CLOSED for review requests.
Please check back soon! :]